• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Xu7 Or Xu10 Head (16 Valve New Shape)

Bally

If you had your choice which one would you use. ANd will it change compression on the engine. These are the new shape heads with the centre filled up I am talking about.

welshpug

what do you mean by new shape head? I only know of one XU7JP4 head?! as for XU10 on an XU7 bottom end I would use the gti6 head cams and inlet.

ask sandy, he knows a fair bit about this engine :wub:

B1ack_Mi16
what do you mean by new shape head? I only know of one XU7JP4 head?! as for XU10 on an XU7 bottom end I would use the gti6 head cams and inlet.

ask sandy, he knows a fair bit about this engine :wub:

I'm pretty sure the XU10J4R or RS heads have the same chamber geometry as the XU7J4 head, but the XU7J4 head has some chunks of metal in the ports.

The XU10J4 or XU9J4 heads will lower the cmopression a little bit, think the newer heads have like 37cc chamber and old 16v's got 39-40cc approx.

Bally
I'm pretty sure the XU10J4R or RS heads have the same chamber geometry as the XU7J4 head, but the XU7J4 head has some chunks of metal in the ports.

The XU10J4 or XU9J4 heads will lower the cmopression a little bit, think the newer heads have like 37cc chamber and old 16v's got 39-40cc approx.

The XU10 head I speak of is from a 406 and the centre is filled in like the gti6 head. I guess it should be the same as the gti6 head less the cams etc etc.

Sandy

There are at least two XU7 head castings (with and without EGR). The XU10 head is probably the better one due to better inlet ports and not significantly inferior to the GTI6 head really, especially if you got the seats cut better. The GTi6 head has fairly large ports, which isn't always a good thing.

Sign in to follow this