• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kaich

Xu9ja Upgrade

kaich

search engine doesn't work so:

in a standard 1.9v 8V (D6B) to reach 180-190 bhp what I need?

the logical solution is a mi16 (and upgrade it) but here in italy is very difficult to find a xu9j4....

craig f90
search engine doesn't work so:

in a standard 1.9v 8V (D6B) to reach 180-190 bhp what I need?

the logical solution is a mi16 (and upgrade it) but here in italy is very difficult to find a xu9j4....

Have you considered a 2.0 turbo conversion? i hadn't until joining here. It doesn't seem to matter where you live, mi16s are rare full stop. i think 200+ is easily done with a 2.0t. another popular choce is a 306 gti 6

kaich
Have you considered a 2.0 turbo conversion? i hadn't until joining here. It doesn't seem to matter where you live, mi16s are rare full stop. i think 200+ is easily done with a 2.0t. another popular choce is a 306 gti 6

i don't love turbo in 205, 306 GTI6 is a good choice, :mellow:

othervise, if i decide to upgrade the 1,9 8v (with exaust, cam, exaust manifold, ecu) how much bhp can I reach?

DamirGTI

Hello !

I'm traveling with my mate from time to time in Italy visiting breaker yards and looking around for various spare parts engines etc. (around towns - Trieste , Udine and as far as we been yet is Venezia ..) , and i remember that there was a few Mi16 engines ( 2.0 Turbo engines also , and they where both a bit cheap from 200 to maxi. 300 EU ) on some breaker yards :mellow: (to be more specific breakers in or near the town - Udine ..)

Id suggest that you ring a few of them if this part of Italy is not so far from where you live .. B)

some of the breaker yards at where i've been :

GORICA:

Bressan Armando, stradone mainizza,89 GORIZIA

tel 0481391053

GUERRA FRATELLI (S.N.C.)

34071 Cormons (GO) - V. ISONZO 21/K

tel: 0481630674

ZAVADLAV BORIS

34170 Gorizia (GO) - LOC. CASE DELL'EREMITA

tel: 048120841

SGUBIN ANGELO

34074 Monfalcone (GO) - V. S. POLO 47

tel: 048144253

MODULOR

34072 Farra D'isonzo (GO) - V. GORIZIA 142

tel: 0481888070

ANZIL ENZO

34072 Gradisca D'isonzo (GO) - V. UDINE 58

tel: 048199616

-----------------

UDINE:

AUTODEMOLIZIONI DEL FRATE snc

33040 Pradamano (UD) - 100, v. Nazionale

tel: 0432 670844

AUTORECUPERI CHIAVACCI LIANI & PRAMPARO (S.N.C.)

33033 Codroipo (UD) - V. PORDENONE 98

tel: 0432901246

BATTEL FRANCO

33030 Campoformido (UD) - V. ADRIATICA 71

tel: 0432561513

BATTEL SILVANO

33030 Campoformido (UD) - V. ADRIATICA BASALDELLA 49

tel: 0432561186

BATTEL COMMERCIALE (S.N.C.)

33030 Campoformido (UD) - V. FONDERIA 1

tel: 0432561307

CAMILOT MARIO EREDI (S.A.S)

33050 Ronchis (UD) - C. ITALIA 114

tel: 0431567082

CAMILOT MARIO EREDI (S.A.S)

33050 Ronchis (UD) - C. ITALIA 114

tel: 0431567082

DEL MEDICO GIACOMO

33010 Magnano In Riviera (UD) - V. PONTEBBANA 46

tel: 0432784304

PETEAN IVANA PALMIRA

33050 (UD) - V. CHIOZZA 2

tel: 043199437

--------------------------

TRIESTE:

AUTODEMOLIZIONI ADRIANO

34016 (TS) - STR. NUOVA PER OPICINA 11

tel: 040566355

AUTODEMOLIZIONI CASALE

34149 Trieste (TS) - V. BRIG. CASALE 2

tel: 040812256

AUTODEMOLIZIONI SPADARO

34015 Muggia (TS) - LOC. RABUIESE 15/B

tel: 040231783

C.A.T. S.C.R.L.

34139 Trieste (TS) - V. MONTEBELLO 13

tel: 040394515

MARINAZ AUTO S.N.C.

34018 San Dorligo Della Valle (TS) - LOC. SAN DORLIGO DELLA VALLE 355

tel: 040228284

MORSELLI ORESTE

34139 Trieste (TS) - STR. CATTINARA 4/B

tel: 040390880

STENER SERRA

34149 Trieste (TS) - V. GRAVISI 14

tel: 040830515

R.M.F. RECUPERO MATERIALI FERROSI

34016 Trieste (TS) - V. NAZIONALE

tel: 040214409

VIGNES ADRIANO

34010 Sgonico (TS) - FRAZ. STAZIONE PROSECCO 5/D

tel: 040225357

Cheers ! B)

Damir

kaich

:) thank you very much mate!

I live near Venezia, so not too far from udine!

I think next week I'll use the phone a lot!

thank again! :(

cheers mate!

DamirGTI

Hi !

Nice , yes then this is not so far for you :ph34r: you have good flat motorway there anyway :(

Try this one I've found them very good - kind , always helpful , and my mate who is car mechanic he hoes there two times every week buying various engines from them for very long time now , around 10years , and never ever had any problems with engines bought from this breaker - they're selling good used engines trust me we know this guy :

If he doesn't have any Mi16 now in stock I'm sure that he can get you one if you make an order :(

But the other breakers around the town Udine are also good , must be at least one Mi16 engine there and as i say if not make order for one and they will find this engine for you :(

Regards ! B)

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

Mandic

Have seen two Mi16 engines on scrapyards in Venezia last time I went there.

Me and my mates often go in Venezia or Udine to grab parts, in fact we were thinking of going next week.

That list Damir gave You travels around on Slovenian and Croatian forums and comes in handy.

Give a call and I'm sure someone will have it.

Cheers

Ziga

welshpug

how big is your budget?

that is possibly one of the most powerful 8 valvers, but is also one of the most expensive.

throw that kind of money at a 16v and you'll get near on 300 bhp, but an almighty thirst for Vpower...

jackherer
how big is your budget?

that is possibly one of the most powerful 8 valvers, but is also one of the most expensive.

throw that kind of money at a 16v and you'll get near on 300 bhp, but an almighty thirst for Vpower...

That engine has been seperated from the shell and the last I heard was that it was still for sale...

kaich
Have seen two Mi16 engines on scrapyards in Venezia last time I went there.

Me and my mates often go in Venezia or Udine to grab parts, in fact we were thinking of going next week.

That list Damir gave You travels around on Slovenian and Croatian forums and comes in handy.

Give a call and I'm sure someone will have it.

Cheers

Ziga

I've just tried to send you a pm, but doesn't work so:

sorry, can you give me the address (or phone number) of scrapyards where you found out mi 16's?????

Venezia is very close to me! more than udine! thank you very much! :)

cheers

Federico

kaich
Hi !

Nice , yes then this is not so far for you :) you have good flat motorway there anyway B)

Try this one I've found them very good - kind , always helpful , and my mate who is car mechanic he hoes there two times every week buying various engines from them for very long time now , around 10years , and never ever had any problems with engines bought from this breaker - they're selling good used engines trust me we know this guy :

If he doesn't have any Mi16 now in stock I'm sure that he can get you one if you make an order :lol:

But the other breakers around the town Udine are also good , must be at least one Mi16 engine there and as i say if not make order for one and they will find this engine for you :angry:

Regards ! B)

Damir

thanks again mate!

as you can see, if I'm lucky man I can find out mi 16 in Venezia (30-40 km to me), otherwise let's go to Udine :excl:

cheers :excl:

Federico

kaich
how big is your budget?

holy s@@t! :)

what an engine! is pretty much for me!

BTW as i Wrote i would to stay around 190 bhp, so if I finally find an mi16 with an upgrade is not a mission impossible, isn't?

my budget? max 1000-1500 €....I hope :angry:

regards

Federico

DamirGTI

:angry::excl: Longman's modified 205 8v , that engine must cost a fortune :)

Is there any specs around the net of what is exactly inside this 1.9 8v engine ?

welshpug

I dont think there are any published specs, it was essentially a custom spec.

IIRC Henry Yorke told me it was a Longmans GP A plus engine, steel rods and liners, forged pistons, high compression and a wild cam, I think they were Webber 50s.

10.5k rpm capability, though with an used set limit of 8.5 to make it last a bit longer as it would have needed a rebuild a lot sooner!

not sure on exact figures but the complete lump was near the 10k mark, with a 6k gearbox!

DamirGTI
I dont think there are any published specs, it was essentially a custom spec.

IIRC Henry Yorke told me it was a Longmans GP A plus engine, steel rods and liners, forged pistons, high compression and a wild cam, I think they were Webber 50s.

10.5k rpm capability, though with an used set limit of 8.5 to make it last a bit longer as it would have needed a rebuild a lot sooner!

not sure on exact figures but the complete lump was near the 10k mark, with a 6k gearbox!

10.5 ouch :excl: nasty little beast :angry: anyway the 8.5rmp is still a bloody high :) like the motorcycle :excl:

nice collection of bits and pieces must be a hell of experience to drive this "thing" :lol:

Regards !

Damir

Baz

If i'm right, Kieran's (Jackherer) frind has the shell of this car now, so he may now something about the car's spec before it was broken! :)

jackherer

Thats right Baz, my friend Bond has it now minus engine/transmission. I still haven't installed the new drivetrain which is a very nice package but still a downgrade from the last one.

I can't tell you anything about the engine except that it cost "five figures" and also I checked the tell tale on the stack dash and it was at 8.5k as stated above.

Baz

Ah so it is the one! :) It's the one i thought of when you told me about it, you never did send me the link though! Ping it to me if you still have it next time we're both on msn! :angry:

jackherer
Ah so it is the one! :) It's the one i thought of when you told me about it, you never did send me the link though! Ping it to me if you still have it next time we're both on msn! :angry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200123834838

Ebay have deleted the pics unfortunately, but I have them here so I'll send them to you on msn.

Baz

Christ!! A bargain indeed! No wonder though being listed like that! :)

jackherer
Christ!! A bargain indeed! No wonder though being listed like that! :wacko:

Yes, sometimes you get a bargain on ebay because someone only puts '205' in the title and not 'gti' but that ad didn't even have '205' :blink:

Sign in to follow this