• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gaz-2006

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Reg -which One? (xu5)

Gaz-2006

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has an adjustable fuel pressure reg fitted to their XU engine with with standard bosch fuel rail and which one it is? I am looking at setting my car up on the rolling road and it would be beneficial to have the fuel pressure adjustable to fine tune.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers!

bren_1.3

id tell you to do a search but the search function is down!

general consensus is....put the old O.E fuel pressure regulator back on...

DamirGTI

Hi !

If the engine is modifide (head job etc.) then yes you can use/buy one of these ...

If the engine is standard - no

Cheers ! :)

Damir

Gaz-2006

Normally I would have done a search yes! lol

The engine is not standard, the head has been skimmed and compression ratio increased, the head has been flowed and the bottom end has been lightened and balanced.

The car is still running with the OEM fuel regulator but I was wondering what one I could fit as an upgrade whilst avoiding the legendary FSE valve!

Cheers

Gary

DamirGTI

Hello!

I have similar specs as you and I've bought FSE boost valve as because I've had problems with a bit lean fuel mixture - and this FSE valve works fine for me no problems what so ever , just needs to be adjusted properly ...

(i would also reconsider fitting some bigger injectors if you have lean AFR problems ... not too big but a little bit bigger then standard flow injectors .. and set up the spark advance to burn this AFR mixture completely !)

Cheers ! :wub:

Damir

Gaz-2006

Hi Damir,

Thanks for your reply!

Do you have any pictures of your FSE valve fitment? - I Would like to see how it fits on to the fuel rail in place of the existing item. Maybe I will go for one of these if there if there is no alternative that can be suggested? The bad press the FSE valve has received has been putting me off a bit!

Cheers,

Gary

DamirGTI

Hi !

Yes , here they are :

fse3.jpg

fse2.jpg

fse1.jpg

Cheers ! :wub:

Damir

Sign in to follow this