• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest feets1974

1.9 Gti 205 Warning Lights

Guest feets1974

Hi everyone dont know if any of you can help but got this electrical problem with my pug.

No suprise there then i hear you say!

Anyway when car is cold all is fine, but as the engine starts to warm up the 'stop' light, oil pressure warning light & water temp warning light all illuminate at the same time. The oil pressure gauge & water temp gauge work fine with normal readings & the car runs perfectly.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Regards

Edited by jackherer
ALL CAPS changed to lower case

Anthony

If the oil pressure gauge is definately reading correctly and giving sensible values, then I'd suggest that it's a problem with with the oil pressure switch or the wiring to it shorting out. The low oil pressure switch triggers the three warning lights you mention by shorting to ground.

Guest feets1974
If the oil pressure gauge is definately reading correctly and giving sensible values, then I'd suggest that it's a problem with with the oil pressure switch or the wiring to it shorting out. The low oil pressure switch triggers the three warning lights you mention by shorting to ground.

Hi Anthony thanks for your advise, that certainly would make sense.

Will investigate, let you know how i get on :wub:

Guest feets1974

hi sorry but which one is the oil pressure switch??

Grim.Badger
hi sorry but which one is the oil pressure switch??

The smaller sensor above the oil filter, its often green under all the oil/dirt.

Sign in to follow this