• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
camgti

205gtidriveshaft Noise.worn? (done A Search Nothing Working?)

camgti

When accelerating and turning right (even slightly off center) there is a constant knock knock knock and gets faster the faster i travel(if that makes sense). I this a stuffed CV? I recently changed my clutch (home job) and everything was fine beforehand but now ive got this noise. It dosent happan when turning left only right and only when its loaded up by accelerating.

Thanks

Cam

steve@cornwall
When accelerating and turning right (even slightly off center) there is a constant knock knock knock and gets faster the faster i travel(if that makes sense). I this a stuffed CV? I recently changed my clutch (home job) and everything was fine beforehand but now ive got this noise. It dosent happan when turning left only right and only when its loaded up by accelerating.

Thanks

Cam

Check the 11mm retainers are tight on the intermediate bearing of the o/s driveshaft

Guest smokinslim

Also check your top engine mount. When i first got my pug i managed to tear mine in half, knocking when cornering at speed in one direction only, took ages to figure out what it was, n a few mins to sort.

camgti

Steve, are they the locking nut things you undo to take the drive shaft out?? Also, there in a clunk noise when i back off at just about any speed, it seems to be coming form the underneath, kind of coming form the exhaust hitting of even the top engine mount...Any ideas,

Cam

steve@cornwall
Steve, are they the locking nut things you undo to take the drive shaft out?? Also, there in a clunk noise when i back off at just about any speed, it seems to be coming form the underneath, kind of coming form the exhaust hitting of even the top engine mount...Any ideas,

Cam

They're the ones! Daft question of the day is did you remember to turn them 90 degrees to lock onto the driveshaft?

chris1986

when i bought my car the cv joints were very worn. felt like something was going to go major bang. it did it when i accelerated around corners. had to buy 2 new drive shaft which weren't cheap so hope its the above mate

Sign in to follow this