• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tazuk2006

Seat Refurbishing

Guest tazuk2006

Hello, does anyone know of a seat refurbisher in the Kent area?

Edp

Type coach trimmer into yell.com in your area should come up with something :P

Rob_the_Sparky

And get ready for a big bill. What needs doing? There are a few things possible by stripping down other seats for donor parts (e.g. seat base from a passanger's seat for a driver's seat with a collapsed bolster.

Guest tazuk2006

The stitching has come apart on the sides of both seats & the normal collapsed bolsters.

Edp
And get ready for a big bill.

Not always true Rob. I used yell and found a small local firm. They agreed to swap both lower seat parts over, also swap the leather covers so essentially the squashed part is now on the inside of the passenger seat. They also re-foamed the damaged drivers side and sorted some stitching, all for £100. Service with a smile too. Admittedly they didn't have to use any new leather but for the amount of work i thought that was bloody reasonable.

CaptainP

I totally agree Edp. I used an older chap in one of our nearby clay villages. The leather was superb but the stitching was wrecked on both bolsters on each front seat, he refoamed them and gave them a good overhaul for £50. At the time I thought it was expensive but after reading threads on here and actually stopping to think about it I now think what a bargain.

Rob_the_Sparky

It really isn't hard to take covers off and swap seat bases around, I've repaired my drivers seat bolster so it can't be that hard! Getting the stiching done is worthwhile though.

Cost wise I was really referring to jobs that need new leather (as most do), this is when it becomes not worth it but I take your point.

j_turnell

I did a bolster replacement guide its on the main site......

Doof

...and i used the guide, got minty seats now and i'm well happy :mellow:

DIY!

Edp

I diyed a set of cloth seats for my 1.6 which i sold and was really happy with the finished article. I only took the leather seats to a trimmers because A, i didn't want to f*** about with the leather and wanted a proper job done and B because i intend on keeping the car . . well . . forever! :mellow:

I agree with you Rob, if you need new leather then it will cost mega bucks. I asked the chap while i was there how much a re-trim in black leather would cost. £1500 B)

He also said if peugeot still have the foam seat parts available its well worth getting some and storing them away because once there perished its expensive and time consuming to make more.

Edited by Edp

Pugnut
...and i used the guide, got minty seats now and i'm well happy :mellow:

DIY!

so did i . i bought a full set of second hand seats which had issues also and made the the best 2 front seats i could out of 4 . I was originally intending only repairing the bolsters using the guide but once i got things apart it became clear just how easy it was to mix and match bases , transfer the good bolsters over etc

well chuffed.

Al

Sign in to follow this