• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ANDYMISIXTEEN

15"x7"

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Will 15" x 7" Alloys fit on a 205 Cti? They have an offset of 35 and i have a 309 rear beam. Will the back ones probably fit without spacers but the fronts need spacers? Would fitting a 309 front set up help? Could i stretch the tyres like how all the Dubs do? Sorry for all the questions lol :D

tom_m

the backs should fit without spacers, but you'll be negating the width of the beam by chopping 20mm off it with the reduced offset.

the fronts will need a 20mm spacer to bring them back tho the et15 of the pug wheels.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Would the extra width of the alloy be either side or more one way?

welshpug

with a wider wheel you will need a smaller ET, the rears will probably fit fine as youve got a 309 beam, but be prepared to raise the height of the rear to stop the arches from cutting the tyre in half!

yes the width is on both sides of the wheel, i.e if you had an ET 19 6" rim and an ET 19 7" rim, there would be an extra half inch each side.

ANDYMISIXTEEN
:D Will the extra width of the alloys help the handling or make it worse? Dont want to make the car any higher the backs 35mm atm. Will stretching tyres help clear the archs? I do like the stretch tyre look but dont wanna ruin the handling.

Guest smokinslim

Gocart mate, you'll love it! Make sure that the rear tyres aren't rubbing on trailing arms at the tube when fitted though, you may need some thin spacers for them. Stretched tyres may help with arch clearance, worth looking into the idea.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Going to fit my Gaz coilovers soon, hope there guna be as good as the Spax that are on there. Not sure if i should run 309 wishbones etc, do they make a huge difference?

brianthemagical

potentialy you can get more grip with the same rubber but they are more suseptible to camber and altering the scrub radius, which is altered by the offset and width, will affect the steering feel.

tom_m
Going to fit my Gaz coilovers soon, hope there guna be as good as the Spax that are on there. Not sure if i should run 309 wishbones etc, do they make a huge difference?

yes definitely, do it. all it will do is even out the wear accross the tyre if you're being enthisiastic.

Sign in to follow this