• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ifcho

Rollcage Question

ifcho

Hi,

I'm preparing a hillclimb 205 and at the end of the month it is going to a workshop to have a rollcage fitted.

The cage is custom build and now I'm wondering is it worth fitting a rollbar under the windscreen, I mean here:

newengine9.jpg

(the pic is from another topic I found here)

Obviously I won't be able to use the dash anymore, probably I will also have problems fitting the air ducts but I'm thinking of fitting two electrical heaters instead of the standard heater matrix and blower.

Do you think that such bar will improve the overall strength of the rolcage, I think that in a side impact this additional rollbar will help significantly. .

bren_1.3

i dont think ive ever seen any 205 roll cage with a bar across the front bulkhead. i wouldnt bother personally.

Dj_mini

Iv got a custom weld in cage and have run a bar across there and picked up the steering colum aswell. Iv seen quite a few of the weld in cages do this.

Cheers Dan

philfingers

The custom cages one comes with a bar across under the screen. You can't fit the heater box but can fit the dash. Ok if your going to fit a heated screen in a hill climb car.

Sign in to follow this