• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RossD

Challenge Spec Bilstein Shocks

RossD

Hello all,

I've got a couple of quick questions regarding the fixed pan GpN Bilstein shocks...!

Are these the same as the "Challenge" spec shocks? I have read they are, but just want to check before I buy.

Also, recommendations for springs to use with these? The car will be "fast road" and used on the occasional track day, so something quite stiff, but not stiff enough to break my back.

I have read in a few topics that the Eibach 7001's are a good choice. I've seen Sandy reccommend the 106 GTi Eibach springs too for these shocks. I see Skip Brown also do their own springs, which I think are simialr to the 7001's?

I was going to go the Gaz coilover route, but have now decided that The GpN Bilsteins will do the job just as well and probably better in some situations.

Cheers!!

Ross

Jrod

I'm using the 1400 challenge spec springs which are 165lb.

They aren't to stiff for the road but if you are planning track maybe the 185lb gti ones would be better?

RossD
I'm using the 1400 challenge spec springs which are 165lb.

They aren't to stiff for the road but if you are planning track maybe the 185lb gti ones would be better?

Hmmm..... Decisions decisions! Where did you get the springs just out of interest? (And how much?!)

The challenge spec springs are standard ride height arent they?

Jrod

TI £77. Good point they are standard ride height so might not be exactly what you are after. I had 240lbs on the coilovers and they were too stiff for the road imo.

RossD

Cheers Jrod.

I'm not after a car that is low just for the sake of being low, but I because I think that the handling could benefit from being slightly lower than standard.

£77, hmmm, thats about the same ballpark as the Eibach 7001's then :)

Does anybody know the pound rate of the 7001's? I think I've seen 115/155 mentioned?!

Alan_M

I've got SBC springs on mine with the challenge shocks, cost £55 plus postage.

I was looking at getting some different springs, and did notice that Peter Lloyd sell gravel/forest/tarmac springs for the Challenge shocks. Might be worth giving them a call.

Who are TI anyway?

Jrod

Ti motorsport, they sell the challenge stuff for the 1400's

luggy
I was looking at getting some different springs, and did notice that Peter Lloyd sell gravel/forest/tarmac springs for the Challenge shocks. Might be worth giving them a call.

A mate of mine bought gravel spec springs for his 1.6 off Peter Lloyd, 160Lbs rate, standard height, definetly an upgrade from standard springs and the Tarmac springs are lowered rated at about 185-190Lbs.

Sign in to follow this