• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

205 Gti-6

r.u.sure

Just recently I've noticed that the engine is moving backwards enough for the cam cover and also the plastic cover that goes between the two cam covers to hit the master cylinder, a distance of nearly half an inch.

I decided that I would file some of the cam cover off, this is where things get a bit silly :( I've just realised that whilst blowing the filings away, there's a very small hole at the back of the cam belt cover, how stupid do I feel, I can guarantee at least some of these filings will now be floating around in there with the cam belt, not a good situation really I know.

What would you do, I know it probably wouldn't happen in a lot of peoples worlds, but it's happened in mine :mellow: so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Doof

I'd be shocked if a few shavings of plastic actually managed to do any damage. I mean how much can realistically have gone through the hole? very little. And its so soft i'd imagine it'd make no difference. Besides i would have thought it'd just sit in the bottom of the casing anyway.

r.u.sure

Sorry !! yeah think I was having a bit of a paranoid one last night :D you're spot on, don't think there's any issue here really.

Don't think it will make any difference but it was actually metal filings off the rear cam housing, eventhough still minute, not the plastic.

Thanks very much for helping to put my mind at rest though.

Dave :(

Edited by r.u.sure

Alastairh

If your that worried, jack the car up, pull the bottom pulley off and take the covers off and get the other halfs hoover in their :D

r.u.sure

Good idea, thanks for that, will possibly give taking the covers off a bash at the weekend.

:D

Sign in to follow this