• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

Rear Beam Woes

Dj_mini

Stripped the rear beam on my new 205 today and it isnt a good sight the swing arm pin is stuck in the beam tube! :mellow: and the other side is just as bad :(

beam003.jpg

beam002.jpg

MartinM
Stripped the rear beam on my new 205 today ...

I hope it's got a warranty and you can take it back :mellow:

And I thought you needed a press to get the pin out of the arm - but have you cracked the trailing arm, big time, in the process?

Dj_mini
I hope it's got a warranty and you can take it back :mellow:

And I thought you needed a press to get the pin out of the arm - but have you cracked the trailing arm, big time, in the process?

Sadly no warranty to fall back on :(

Yeah normaly takes a few tons to get them out the pin wont move in the tube for love nor money! just glad i didnt drive it in this state :( iv tryed a spare pin in the arm and still seams a good press fit so hope all is well with the swing arm but i may weld the pin back in just to be safe .

Edp

Jesus! you must have given that some welly to remove the arm from the shaft! i thought it needed 2 tonnes of force or summit. . . :mellow:

That beam looks scrap to me, well the shafts anyway.

jonnie205

ha that must have taken some beating. Throw that tube in the skip mate its scrap 100%

Dj_mini
ha that must have taken some beating. Throw that tube in the skip mate its scrap 100%

Bugger was hoping to use it again :( miles is on to sorting me out a new tube so should be back together in no time . I must admit a big hammer was used it may have been a bit over the top for the job :mellow:

welshpug

naaah, BFH's are good :mellow:

Sign in to follow this