• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest gt6jim

Dizzy Cap And Rotor Arm

Guest gt6jim

I ordered a 1.6 GTi Dissy Cap and Rotor arm set from GSF.

However they do not fit, the cap is too small and the arm is 180 the wrong way round, and a different shape too.

Did 1.9s have a Bosch dissy different to the 1.6, as my current stuff has Bosch stamped on it. I'm thinking it may be a 1.9 dissy?

Cheers, Jim

steve@cornwall
I ordered a 1.6 GTi Dissy Cap and Rotor arm set from GSF.

However they do not fit, the cap is too small and the arm is 180 the wrong way round, and a different shape too.

Did 1.9s have a Bosch dissy different to the 1.6, as my current stuff has Bosch stamped on it. I'm thinking it may be a 1.9 dissy?

Cheers, Jim

1.6 and 1.9 use same cap and rotor arm. Ducelier clips on, bosch bolts on. I'd say they supplied the wrong parts.............there's a surprise :ph34r::wub::lol:

(not a dig at GSF, I've never used them, just factors in general)

Miles

1.6 & 1.9 caps do vary from yr to yr, It's only the later 1.6's that use the screw on cap, The pre CAT ones are all Bosch where the CAT one's are Ducelier (Same as base models)

Guest gt6jim
1.6 & 1.9 caps do vary from yr to yr, It's only the later 1.6's that use the screw on cap, The pre CAT ones are all Bosch where the CAT one's are Ducelier (Same as base models)

My current cap bolts on, but the new one has bolt holes, it's just physically too small. Small diameter.

The new arm has a fan shaped tail too, where as the current one is just rectangular?

petesy71
My current cap bolts on, but the new one has bolt holes, it's just physically too small. Small diameter.

The new arm has a fan shaped tail too, where as the current one is just rectangular?

i had the same problem with a replacement cap (magneti marelli) from gsf. the bolt holes on the orange bosch cap are a bit wider. the magnetti one fitted onto the dizzy on my base model.

welshpug

sounds like a TU cap.

Sign in to follow this