• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Mi16 Loom Help

yorkshirekowboy

hello all

right im doing my link loom from the 205 to 405, and i have come across a couple of i cant work out,

1. right i cant work out where on the 405 loom this connects too, (Oil pressure light (wire 30b, grey), so basically i have the 9 Pin Brown connector all connected apart from number 8, i have connected the rest up ; but this one is... anyone know where this is connected to on 405 loom?

2. also the 6 Pin Brown connector, the wire number three is a thick yellow, with green stripes, this a earth which goes the to the ground on the 405 black connector A7?

its says its the Coolant fluid level (wire M47B), but its surly to thick for that, my but on my 6 pin connector i have a empty space in the connector for the pin 1 Coolant fluid level (wire 47b), so none of M47B,or 47b arnt connected on my loom anywhere,

3. also the k-light, i dont have that wiring on either on the 205 plugs, but im sure thats for cars with cats, o2 sensor or something?

anyhow i had a idea.......the x2 405 black/brown, plugs you need to adapt, the brown only house's the k-light and fuel pump as my starter is on a two pin connector seperate, so cos the brown 405 connector is only used for x2 wires, i uncliped them and put them with the black 405 connector as theres 4 thats arent used, so i just have one connector instead of two now with i think could be quite handy. only thing is thou, the fuel pump has a think line, i have connected to a thinner line, hope no probs will be caused!!

any help with the questions will be good, oh i been sing this guide for my link loom,http://www.yambay.com/www/steve/mi16wiring/Mi16_guide.htm

thanks again

danny

pug_ham

IMO the best way is to not make a link loom but to find the four wires you need & connect them directly with the equivilent ones in the 205 loom.

Leave the original 205 engine sensor, alternator & starter solenoid loom as it is unless the brown multiplug needs replacing. In which case just replace that but leave the wiring for it as it was.

Wire 74 for the K light doesn't run into the engine bay, it'll be in one of the two brown plugs under the dash in the drivers footwell but might not be wired up correctly yo work as standard on a 1.6.

Graham.

yorkshirekowboy

thanks graham, i wanted to alter the entire loom as i wasnt happy with the 8v one, plus i have good things baout doing the link loom etc, the k light its for the ecu, so it will come form the dash, still stuck on my coolant light thou :P

Edited by surferkid205

yorkshirekowboy

hi peeps

need some info so where does the 3, M47B coolant fluid level wire connect on the 405 loom? im stuck on this, as that wire on my 205 plug is a thick yellow and green like a earth,....plus the ground (M) on the 405 plug, where does that connect to if theres not ground wire on the pug 205 loom/plug?

i was thinking because the M47B has the "M" maybe if connects to the ground on the 405 plug????

cheers danny

pug_ham

You don't need this wire on the 205.

The 205 coolant level sensor is in the header tank but on the 405 its in the radiator iirc.

If you have a multimeter, ring the wire out to the main engine earth tag that fits to the gearbox, if you get continuity the it is an earth,

Graham.

yorkshirekowboy

oh course it is, what was a thinking, cheers mate, solved it !!!

the M wire i going to live disconnected i think :)

thanks again

danny

Sign in to follow this