• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309PUG

Varley Red Top Battery

309PUG

I have a small Red Top battery and was wondering can i use a 'normal' trickle charger on it ??

Not forgetting they are a sealed gel battery.

Chris

Edited by 309PUG

Tom_Fowler

A slow charger is ideal for red tops. They do not like being fast charged or left for any period of time discharged or at low charge. If you leave it in a car that wil not be used for while its best to isolate it so that the small current drain does not totally discharge the battery.

Tom

Nathan

Will be fine with a trickle charger.

The main thing with that type of battery is to make sure it is mounted in such a way that it is damped from any vibrations as the plates inside have a nasty habit of vibrating loose.

swordfish210

why don't you buy the DMS charger for it, after all they are desinged to charge these batteries

309PUG
why don't you buy the DMS charger for it, after all they are desinged to charge these batteries

That involves spending money :angry: Us Yorkshire men are not happy parting with money. I already have an ordinary trickle charger.

Chris

swordfish210
:ph34r::wub:

Sign in to follow this