• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonathanes

1.6 Gti Alloyt Tyre Size Please?

Guest jonathanes

Hi,

Really sorry for such a weak first post, but I want to order new tyres today and my 1.6 GTi alloys are hidden in the back of my garage and search is down.

So, can someone quickly reply what size tyre should be fitted to the 1.6 GTi 14" alloy wheel.

Thanks, Jonathan

Edited by jonathanes

j_turnell

I'd do a search regarding tyre choice, p6000's are good for 4 wheel drifting but they really dont inspire confidence when driving remotely fast!

Guest jonathanes

OK, thanks!

They are cheap and will get me through the MOT. Whilst I am running these, I'll spend a bit more time researching better tyres and spend a bit more cash when my budget allows.

For the price, I don't think they will be any worse than some non-brand tyres :unsure:

pug_ham

185-60r14 H rated.

There should be a sticker on the back of the drivers door with the tyre sizes & pressures on.

Graham.

Guest jonathanes

Hi Graham,

My car is a Rallye, which comes with 13" steel wheels as standard, so no tyre size on car or in manual (both of which are at home with the alloys).

I have a set of 14" 1.6 GTi alloys, but couldn't remember what size tyres they currently have on, not that that would be a guide to the correct size if they had the wrong ones on them!

Whilst I've got you :unsure: do you know when search will be back please?

Cheers, Jonathan

Sign in to follow this