• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Cams..... How To Tell If I've Got Em?

Kennyb

Ok trying to work out exactly all the work that the prvious owner had done to the engine so i can build on it.....he told me it had kent cams but had no idea about which they were etc and no reciept.......hows best way to find out if it has? It revs way past 6250 or whatever the limit is??!? :lol:

Grahamrally
Ok trying to work out exactly all the work that the prvious owner had done to the engine so i can build on it.....he told me it had kent cams but had no idea about which they were etc and no reciept.......hows best way to find out if it has? It revs way past 6250 or whatever the limit is??!? :lol:

All aftermarket cams should be stamped on one of the ends with a part number directly or indirectly relating to that cam and the company that made it, unless it was something someone machined up in their shed! That's the easiest way to tell really.

Graham

Kennyb
All aftermarket cams should be stamped on one of the ends with a part number directly or indirectly relating to that cam and the company that made it, unless it was something someone machined up in their shed! That's the easiest way to tell really.

Graham

Cool, how do i find out what part numbers relate to which cams???? is there only really kent ones that are off the shelf?? Cheers

M_R_205

Have a look through thair website it should tell you all the info about them, or post it up on here and someone will no doubt tell you what it is

Miles

Blank cams will have a part number stamped on them, normally on the end, Reground cams dont have this thou so you can only tell by the machining marks

j_turnell

Just take the rocker cover off and have a look, failing that they are usually stamped on the dizzy end so can remove that and take a look, just remember to mark it for the timing.

Sign in to follow this