• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

Some More Wiring Questions

ross009

Right as some people may know im in the middle of putting a xu10j4 engine into my 205 and i've decided to hav a go a te wiring myself. But firstly ive just got a few basic questions. Please bare wit me if they seem a little stupid never attempted any major wiring like this!

1) do i reatain all the plugs from under the dash of my 8v loom i.e the 2 main brown ones and the 2 smaller ones near the drivers door?

2) is all the joining of wires done from the big main plug of the xsi loom or is some modification required to the loom itself?

3)is it simply a case of identifying wires from the 16v loom an joining them to the 8v loom?

4)can i do any damage if i get it wrong?

5) is there any of the 8v loom retained at all?

Sorry if these questions seem basic im just trying to get my head round all this!! any advice will be great!

welshpug

1 yep,

2 which one do you mean? the one that joins at the left hand inner wing or the large section that bolts in under the wiper motor? (the former is the best place)

3, basically yes.

4, you can do a lot of damage to the ecu if it goes wrong...

5, not the engine loom no, only whatever is needed to feed the new loom.

pug_ham

1. Yes.

2. Personally I'd remove the plug from the 306 afte finding the wires you need to join into the 205 loom & cutting them from the back of the plug.

3. Yes.

4. Obviously yes, it can go up in flames in the worst case scenario.

5. ECU loom nothin except for the wires you need to join up. Sensor looms yes, all of it is kept from the 205.

Graham.

ross009

thks guys ive done a lot of reading of wiring diagrams etc and im slowly gettin my head round it all and its slowly making more sense. Will try to avoid any flames! Grham could you slightly expand on what i do with the sensor looms? cheers

pugman211

sensor loom is the oil pressure, oil warning, alternator and coolant warning lights etc. all you do is splice the wires together so the sender units off the engine will work with the dash guages etc.

ross009

ah right is see there mainly the wires ive found an figured out on my wiring diagrams! its the power to ecu etc im still figuring out tks for the info though its making more sense to me all the time!!!

Sign in to follow this