• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danpug

V6 Brakes

danpug

Yes i know there is plenty of info buried in this forum somewhere but with the search function not working i can't really access it. I've been offered a pair of v6 calipers for a fair price. What would i need to do to fit these to a 1.9? Can they take smaller disks to enable them to fit under 15 inch speedlines?

Edited by danpug

Jrod

It's not the discs that are the problem, its the fact that caliper is so f***ing huge, they stick out really far so you will need spacers to clear them, with 20mm spacers speedlines cleared them and had some spare room aswell, I think you'd need about 15mm ones.

Discs wise You can run 283mm 307 HDI ones or you can machine some citroen ones to fit (cant remember what ones right now)

danpug

Did you notice any adverse effects from fitting spacers? So basically with 283mm discs and the correct spacers they will bolt straight on? Only thing bothering me is the use of spacers!

Jrod

I used hubcentric so no wheel wobble etc.

Apparently it can make the steering a bit stiffer, as in it wants to self centre when you turn but I only noticed it when I went past Et0 If you use 15 you'll be at et4 so it should be fine.

Miles

Which V6 thou? so be careful as the Saloon and Estate never got the Brembo's only crappy Single Piston 28x Disc's which don;t fit on the 205, I;ve got some of these in store but I don;t think any one has fitted them due to the offset of them, Might be wrong thou

danpug

It is the brembos i've been offered. Thanks for your help.

28CRAIG

Have a look on www.306gti6.com there is alot of info on there about brembo brakes.

danpug

Cheers craig.

Hilgie

I run Xantia 288mm discs with the Coupe Brembo's. Wheel size should be minimum 16" but the only 15" wheel that fits is the PTS wheel (SL434) with a 10mm spacer. I run the 16" Coupe wheels.

205v6_05.jpg

Jrod
the only 15" wheel that fits is the PTS wheel (SL434) with a 10mm spacer.

Is this just with the larger discs?

danpug

I want to retain the standard speedlines so i guess i'll give these calipers a miss.

Jrod

Well they fitted under my 15 inch speedlines with spacers using the 283mm discs.

Sam

They fit under all sorts of 15s don't worry. Speedlines, Compomotives, Team Dynamics etc, just depends on the shape of the rear of the spokes.

Edited by Sam

danpug

Ok cheers guys.

Sign in to follow this