• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ifcho

Rev Counter On Mmg6

ifcho

Hi,

A year or two ago I changed my engine for a 1.6 XU with MMG6. Since then I'm not able to make my rev counter work.

I read a similar topic here and it seems that the ECUs probably produce different signals (my dash is from a GTI) does anyone have an experience with the MMG6 and know why would my rev counter not work? I have tried the dash on another GTI and it is properly working.

pug_ham

The rev counter on MMG6 is fed from the ecu & from what I read in this post from petert it can be down to luck but you might need a different rev counter that works with a digital signal.

Which of your cars is this on? You have three showing in your signature, if its the cj, is all the wiring for the rev counter fitted?

Graham.

ifcho

Indeed the engine is on the CJ.

In the other topic (i started a new one, cause I didn't want to steal the other) there was a post that later gauges may work. I may try the one from the 1.9GTI I have (it's a `92 car).

The warning is all intact (actually after not working for a few months I decided I will try all wire combinations for the rev counter, but none made it work apparently :) )

Sign in to follow this