• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kjd4000

Venair Silicone Hose Kit

kjd4000

Looking to get some silicon hoses for my 205 and i wondered if anyone had come across these before? any advise or should i go with baker bm or samco kits? also every kit i see has a different number of hoses how many should there be?

http://www.venairsport.co.uk/product_info....products_id=506

Thanks in advance Kieran

Miles

I have seen them around on the net but never in the flesh, When ordering these you need to make a note of the yr of your car as that set in the link will only fit upto 1990 (Phase 1, 1.5) as the Phase 2's had slightly different pipework and again on later Phase 2's the top hose went to the heat exchanger for the oil which I know no one does that pipe.

BBM does all phases bar the top hose for the late 1.9 car's

kjd4000
I have seen them around on the net but never in the flesh, When ordering these you need to make a note of the yr of your car as that set in the link will only fit upto 1990 (Phase 1, 1.5) as the Phase 2's had slightly different pipework and again on later Phase 2's the top hose went to the heat exchanger for the oil which I know no one does that pipe.

BBM does all phases bar the top hose for the late 1.9 car's

i have a 1991 1.6 gti would BBm be my best bet? Maybe if i ordered over the phone to be sure i got the right ones?

chris1986

i now have the bbm hoses. just tell stew off here what your after he'll sort you out. oh and i firstly tried some venair ones which they sent me, they were for a lhd car an said they didn't do rhd ones

kjd4000

ok i will pm stew and see what he can do thanks for the advise. im after keeping this 205 for a while longer than my last.

cheers

damien

lets see some pics when you have them on the car

ANDYMISIXTEEN

I ordered a set of these from ebay about a year ago and the person sent me a left hand drive kit. :mellow: He was trying to tell me it wasnt but it was 100% got my money back.. in the end.

kjd4000

yeah just waiting for my card to be verified on paypal so will be buying a blue set of BBM hoses at the end of the week

cant wait i will put some pics up when they are on.

mrblonde

how much are the hoses lads from bbm?.i did email them to ask but no reply!.cheers

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Check ebay he always has sets on there.

jackherer
Check ebay he always has sets on there.

You wont get the forum discount that way though :)

ANDYMISIXTEEN
You wont get the forum discount that way though :(

What is the discount? Cant seem to find it anywhere :lol:

mrblonde

still dont tell you how much they are tho for the coolant kit for the 1.9??

GLPoomobile

you just have to look at the online ordering section of the website. The 8v kit is 155 quid. Then you've got a 10 per cent discount for being a forum member.

kjd4000

i have finally sent payment today as my paypal account was playing up. Hopefully get them soon and fitted, i cant wait

kjd4000

Got my BBM blue hoses today!! They look Quality, can't see them bursting or splitting for a long while lol. Will have to get some pics up soon hopfully they will be fitted this week (depending on the weather)!!

mrblonde

yeah awesome mate,yeah put some pics up soon dude!.

supersub14

is BBM the cheapest place to get a set for standard 1992 1.9 gti? Been looking around and wondered if any of you guys knew of anywhere else that doest them cheaper?

cybernck

with or without the discount applied, i don't think you can get them cheaper anywhere, at least not that i've heard of! :D

jackherer

The quality of the BBM pipes is so good you don't even need to consider the others IMO.

kjd4000

i second that from owning a set (all though haven't fitted them yet due to the lovely weather and my shere lazyness!!

phonecomz

I'll third that... :-) I too have a set i bought last year for my project and although i have not fitted them yet, i can tell you they are very good quality hoses, and at the best price for sure.

Stuart was also very helpfull when ordering...

Get em bought.... ;-)

cybernck

are you two going to test how long do they last off the car then? :D

Sign in to follow this