• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Came Across Graphs Of Sean's 8v Engine

B1ack_Mi16

Seem like he's been doing some testing with two different camshafts on the longmans head.

For sure his 8v seem to make really good power. But 205+ bhp, is that really likely on an 8v engine which doesn't rev more than to 7500rpm?

Almost wants me to try to make an 8v one day, although I'm a 16v freak B)

torque_options_12_10_07.gif

bhp_options_12_10_07.gif

Sandy

200pst BMEP at peak torque, it's not out of the question, unusual for an XU 8v, but what I would expect from a proper TU 8v. But you can see the price paid lower down.

huckleberry

If it's pure for trackday driving it's a rather nice engine I'm sure. Very high figures and in the range you serious trackday drivers use. But for an everyday car it would make you mad I guess. Up to 3000 or 4000 rpm no-one is home. I'd rather have a mi16 of GTI6 then as they're more everyday usable or dare I say it, I'm still impressed with the one Dave build him. Over 160 bhp and torque everywhere. For an XU 8v that's impressive I think (yes I know I'm not an engine builder). I hope this engine will last and he'll enjoy a lot of trackdays with it as that's the reason one builds these cars.

welshpug
200pst BMEP at peak torque, it's not out of the question, unusual for an XU 8v, but what I would expect from a proper TU 8v. But you can see the price paid lower down.

quite possible, but:

the low down torque figures are just not present, so looks like it has none which isnt the case. These are preliminary graphs, i expect the finished results to be even better :-)

Dj_mini

Any idea to the reliability of the figures?

Sandy
quite possible, but:

I mean down as far as we can see (4000 rpm), I wouldn't expect a heavily tuned 8v to be delivering below that, even if it did, it wouldn't be relevant.

B1ack_Mi16

When talking about BMEP, what's a good value for a highly tuned 16v XU?

I calculated for the 2.3 litre and got 215lbin^2 for max torque, but I'm not 100% sure what the max power is, just that it measured 250bhp @wheels (which probably is too much) and I have assumed it's approx 270bhp max in the engine so have just multiplied all values from dynodata with 1.08.

Sign in to follow this