• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Droplinks And Base Models

Grim.Badger

The bracket that holds the flexi pipe and solid pipe union in place in the front wheel arch is in a different place on GTis and Base models. Apparently this is so that the droplink does not hit the bracket.

Has anyone run GTi suspension on a base model without problems or do you have to move the bracket? If it does have to be moved, can the original weld be cut and the re-welded easily?

steve@cornwall
The bracket that holds the flexi pipe and solid pipe union in place in the front wheel arch is in a different place on GTis and Base models. Apparently this is so that the droplink does not hit the bracket.

Has anyone run GTi suspension on a base model without problems or do you have to move the bracket? If it does have to be moved, can the original weld be cut and the re-welded easily?

I've used gti front suspension set-up on my CTI. There are droplinks with narrower section (like a long hourglass) that clear the bracket - don't know where from, unfortunately, I just had them lying around :)

Grim.Badger
I've used gti front suspension set-up on my CTI. There are droplinks with narrower section (like a long hourglass) that clear the bracket - don't know where from, unfortunately, I just had them lying around :)

Cheers, I'm fairly sure they're the ones I've got (at least one is like that)

taylorspug

I couldnt get it to work on my xs, so i drilled out the spot welds from the bracket and re-welded it back on.

Miles

Again when I converted my CTi it all went on with no problems at all

jackherer

They seem to vary quite a lot, when I converted a CTI the brackets were directly in the way of the ARB lug, I tried the waisted droplinks described above but in this case I had to move the brackets by quite a large amount.

Guest smokinslim

GTI shocks don't catch on their own, with out droplinks fitted that is.

Sandy

I don't use the front ARB with GTi arms, I prefer it without.

Hilgie

I have relocated mine...the droplinks would hit the bracket on full lock.

Miles

Sounds like good old Pug build quality!!

Grim.Badger
I don't use the front ARB with GTi arms, I prefer it without.

How does this affect the handling and how do you get on with the MOT man? I presume that most wouldn't notice if the ARB was missing.

Jrod

Wouldn't fail even if they did, Don't need an ARB for the mot?

jackherer
Wouldn't fail even if they did, Don't need an ARB for the mot?

I have had a 205 fail the mot because I had one droplink deliberately removed, I tried to argue it but they wouldn't accept it was ok.

Sign in to follow this