• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kevp's 205gti

Gti-6 What Bhp?

kevp's 205gti

hi guys a gti-6 run's 167bhp as standard so if i put it in my 205gti with no PAS or A/C and not cat surley im looking at 180bhp.

what you think?

smighall

If you get a good healthy engine you might see a little gain. The decat helps more with faster revving to the red line.

petert
hi guys a gti-6 run's 167bhp as standard so if i put it in my 205gti with no PAS or A/C and not cat surley im looking at 180bhp.

what you think?

Only if you put some stickers on the front guards, like a drift car.

Garry

You won't be far off, 175 - 180 I would have thought.

Mine made 187 with a piper inlet cam (I don't know exactly which one, fast road i think). Also RR dependant.

Looking at it a different way, you should be looking at a 14.6 - 14.8 second 1/4 mile compared to 15.5 ish for a 306gti6/Xsara Vts.

stux
hi guys a gti-6 run's 167bhp as standard ...

GTi-6 has 163bhp as standard!

TurboSam
You won't be far off, 175 - 180 I would have thought.

Mine made 187 with a piper inlet cam (I don't know exactly which one, fast road i think). Also RR dependant.

Looking at it a different way, you should be looking at a 14.6 - 14.8 second 1/4 mile compared to 15.5 ish for a 306gti6/Xsara Vts.

Did you need a remap after fitting the inlet cam?

VisaGTi16v

If you went to a decent rolling road you may see 170, any more is just not going to happen. A friend recently had his Xsara done at Sanspeed and it gave 155 initially. The tester said he has never seen one make near 167 just like the old Mi16's which never made book power. Anyway after playing around with his fuel pressure regulator, he ended up at 168bhp with a decat and induction kit so you may see 170 if you remove the pas and ac pulleys. For reference my Mi16 with fast road cams, flowed head, exhaust, k&n also made 168 there so its quite accurate

petert

How can it make any more power? The 167hp is rated at the flywheel. You haven't done anything to change that. Taking off the PAS and A/C might make a few more hp available at the wheels, but it won't increase anything at the flywheel. I'd rather keep the PAS.

KRISKARRERA
GTi-6 has 163bhp as standard!
Where the hell did you hear that crap?

PAS uses bugger all, as does the A/C when it's switched off. Over on the GTI6 forum they seem to say decat is a waste of time.

kevp's 205gti

PAS uses bugger all, as does the A/C when it's switched off. Over on the GTI6 forum they seem to say decat is a waste of time.

PAS and A/C is still a load the engine has to turn.

huckleberry
If you went to a decent rolling road you may see 170, any more is just not going to happen. A friend recently had his Xsara done at Sanspeed and it gave 155 initially. The tester said he has never seen one make near 167 just like the old Mi16's which never made book power. Anyway after playing around with his fuel pressure regulator, he ended up at 168bhp with a decat and induction kit so you may see 170 if you remove the pas and ac pulleys. For reference my Mi16 with fast road cams, flowed head, exhaust, k&n also made 168 there so its quite accurate

I'm very sorry but if you paid a lot of money for a Mi16 with fast road cams, flowed head, exhaust, k&n and it only makes 168 bhp there can be 2 things wrong; either your engine builder doesn't know what he's doing or your rolling road reads very low. But it's the 10.000 thread-old discussion what is a "decent" of good rolling road. For you I just hope your standard mi16 made 140 bhp on the same rollers.

In Holland in most threads about graphs with 205 GTI-6s I've seen from 167-175 bhp. And they're almost without AC.

Garry
Did you need a remap after fitting the inlet cam?

Well, I didn't have one.

Car seems to go OK though.

whizzer71

I Hate to be contraversial ,but Cat's do rob the engine of torque & BHP !

:o

jonnie205

168 bhp for an engine of that spec sound about right, head work and cam will make about 8bhp, job done

bobob

I thought that decats were liked on the Gti6 forum? :o

KRISKARRERA

Oh I don't know. I don't know anything. :o

But i was wondering if you wish to downgrade your upgrade to a grade that's higher than your current grading?

damien
I thought that decats were liked on the Gti6 forum? :o

only to the new forum users, all the normal users know that a decat doesnt add any form of power to the engine it just helps it rev freer and you lose low down touque.

there was a thread somewhere with someone did a RR with the cat and had a 2nd run without one and there was something stupid like a 0.1 bhp increase in power

sonofsam
Oh I don't know. I don't know anything. :o

But i was wondering if you wish to downgrade your upgrade to a grade that's higher than your current grading?

:D;)

What torque has the '6 engine then?

KRISKARRERA
:):blush:

What torque has the '6 engine then?

It's either 142lbs or 145lbs @ 5500rpm, got the brochure somewhere...

Sign in to follow this