• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fulani

Tyre Pressures

fulani

Never really thought about this before, I know I should have really considering the number of these I've done...but what are the ideal tyre pressures to run on a track day?

Obviously as the tyres get hotter they will get higher, but as it's on Monday it may well be raining anyway.

It's a standard (in terms of weight at least) 1.9 GTI on 1.9 SMRs, 195/50 R15 Yoko A539s all round. Oh, and power steering, Bilstein streetline suspension if that makes any difference.

hengti

my std 1.9 on A539s at 30psi all round was always fine. search (when it's working again!) will probably bring up a few threads - i guess it's going to depend upon your driving style and personal preference. depends how much you want to analyse it really; i was fairly agressive with the 205 and never had any bother with 30psi

fulani

That sounds like a good place to start, cheers. I guess I give that a go, then I can experiment with a couple more or less to see what happens?

fulani

Just checked, and the right front had 35, while all the others had 25. That might be what was causing the concern!

I've gone with 35 on both fronts, and 30 at the rear. The fronts on 30 looked really deflated.

Sign in to follow this