• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Suspension Suggestion

Pob

Hi all,

Tonight I removed the fronts shocks to replace the springs due to the ones fitted are too low (60mm I think) After removing the springs I noticed the uprated shocks are nackard. I'm not sure what shocks to go for, I don't want it to hard. Its not going to used on the track, just around the country roads.

What do you recommend? I have limited funds, want it to be good for every day driving, I've got 40mm lowering springs so that will make it harder than standard but don't want it to be too soft, how would it be on standard dampers with lowering springs?

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by Pob

Pugnut

i myself mainly use the 205 for country roads and after going through a good few budget (sub £500) setups over the last 10 years or so on various cars including 309 gti's i can say without any doubt that peogeot got it right in the first place !!

thats my personal preference anyway . i've just ordered 2 new bilstien front dampers and 2 oe springs.

if our roads were in perfect condition then things would be different , but even with a 30mm drop all round can leave you with a poor ride on certain roads.

cheers, Al

pug_ham

I ran my car on standard dampers & lowering springs for a good few years with no problem but now my latest one has become more track use orientated the Koni's up front & Bilstein group N rears have made it worse to drive fast on a good few roads around where I live.

If it's just for road use the standard stuff is best suited for comfort & performance mix.

Graham.

rescue dude
I ran my car on standard dampers & lowering springs for a good few years with no problem but now my latest one has become more track use orientated the Koni's up front & Bilstein group N rears have made it worse to drive fast on a good few roads around where I live.

Graham.

You say worst do you mean less comfortable or that it doesn't handle as good?

Where did you get the rear group N's from?

pug_ham
You say worst do you mean less comfortable or that it doesn't handle as good?

Definately less comfortable but the Sparco Ultra bucket seats don't aid that although I much prefer them.

It certainly hasn't made it handle any worse at all, far from it but on an uneven or bumpy road oits skips around a little more due to the increased over suspension stiffness.

I got my group N rears through Miles iirc.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this