• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spike

Tubular Bottom Arms

spike

Does anyone know where i can buy rose jointed tubular bottom arms as used to be sold by TMS?

Cheers

Mike Geen

Teamgeenracing.com

pdd144c

Compbrake do something similar, although they do need modifying to fit perfectly.

Sandy

Colin Satchell (eeyore on here) does a complete rose jointed/tubular/adjustable front end for competition use, it widens the track significantly and revises camber, castor and roll centre of the front end to give better grip, reduced roll (without an ARB), better turn in and steering feel, reduced bump steer etc etc. It's an absolute revelation compared to a normal 205 on revised springs and at risk of going a bit salesman; not as dear as you might think.

Dj_mini

Go on then sandy im sat down how much is it? :D

Sandy

Best to speak to Colin. :D

Dj_mini

Will do ill have a chat with him when we come down to collect james car.

spike

I've just spoken to Colin and his mod is too advanced for the class that we race in.

TMS used to sell tubular arms and they didn't make them themselves,so they must be available from somewhere!!

Cheers

Mike Geen

Teamgeenracing.com

Sandy

Probably, but if not there'll be a sound reason why.

swordfish210

have you got a PM address for colin, so i can have a chat about some wishbones

rescue dude

A mate of mine tried tubular wishbones on his sprint/hillclimb mod prod 205 and they were bent after one run!!!!

Rippthrough
A mate of mine tried tubular wishbones on his sprint/hillclimb mod prod 205 and they were bent after one run!!!!

Who made 'em though?

SPGTi

The only tubular wishbones I have seen in the metal were bent after 1 stage on a tarmac rally. I think these were TMS.

Steve

danpug

Swordfish: Colin's username on here is eeyore.

Sandy

He's not using the forum ATM because the search engine's down and that's how he browses. Not especially forum literate! I'll tell him to check his Inbox though.

swordfish210
Swordfish: Colin's username on here is eeyore.

thanks

rescue dude
Who made 'em though?

Don't know but they weren't cheap and he was mighty pissed off and now runs oe bones.

Rippthrough
Don't know but they weren't cheap and he was mighty pissed off and now runs oe bones.

If he's still after some beefy ones tell him to get in touch, we do ours in T45, not CDS like most places.

Sandy

AFIAK, the only failure Colin's ever had with his, was when he simply got it wrong (too confident) and hit a bank hard before rolling several times, at Porlock IIRC. A situation where any suspension would have been damaged. The 1.4 16v 205 we did with them on has been off a few times this year and bent a wheel, but the geometry hasn't been affected.

welshpug
If he's still after some beefy ones tell him to get in touch, we do ours in T45, not CDS like most places.

how much phill? and can you do some with 306 balljoints instead of rose joints?

Rippthrough
how much phill? and can you do some with 306 balljoints instead of rose joints?

I'm working on those, I'll have a closer look over christmas when I'm off for a couple of weeks, save having to replace the wishbone every bloody time.

welshpug

nice one :)

TT205

You saying that you make tubular wishbones then?

If so can I have details please

Cheers

snillet
I'm working on those, I'll have a closer look over christmas when I'm off for a couple of weeks, save having to replace the wishbone every bloody time.

Anything happening with this ?

welshpug

due fairly soon I thinks from a chat I had with Phillip a few evenings ago :D

Spare wishbones for mocking up purposes have been sourced.

Sign in to follow this