• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

A Little Problem I'm Not Sure About Yet

welshpug

I have a little problem with my ZX, basically it doesnt want to accelerate under load, it'll pick up the revs in neutral but not as it usually did.

I thought it could be down to me running out of fuel when I took it for a trundle and sucking up loads of crap into the lines, but I've changed the filter (which looked to be original, I.E 15 years old)! its sat next to the tank so any crud cant have got very far, and all the fuel that came out of the pipe was clean.

sooo, what could it be? I'm thinking a failed component thats just happened to fail at this time? but what!

P.S for those that dont know its a ZX 16v (i.e 306 S16) converted to a 306 gti 6 egnine and management.

Alastairh

Have you disconnected the ecu?

p.s. just sending you that pm :angry:

welshpug

no I havent, might be worth a try. I know its not Lambda related as its not plugged in :angry: it did run well without it, until now!

ross009

does it actually misfire or just the revs climb very slowly?

welshpug
does it actually misfire or just the revs climb very slowly?

not really a misfire, it does sometimes give a splutter and bog down if I give it full throttle in 2nd, but generally the revs just take a long time to rise, which is odd as it used to take off like a scalded cat if I got anywhere neadr half throttle!

ross009

sorry to keep asking questions but has it bin an on-going problem gettng worse? or one day you just came to drive it and it was like that?

smighall

Could possibly be the MAP sensor if it's only when it's under load?

welshpug
sorry to keep asking questions but has it bin an on-going problem gettng worse? or one day you just came to drive it and it was like that?

no worries Ross, more questions makes sure I've checked everything!

sort of, I ran her dry, refilled with fuel and its been like it since.

I was thinking that, the engine is 9 years old (car is 15!) but I dont know about the sensor, how do I check it though? unplug it and see what happens I guess, now you mention it it is a little like when I left the MAP feed pipe off the old ECU, but it didnt want to idle at all then!

welshpug

no worries Ross, more questions makes sure I've checked everything!

sort of, I ran her dry, refilled with fuel and its been like it since.

I was thinking that, the engine is 9 years old (car is 15!) but I dont know about the sensor, how do I check it though? unplug it and see what happens I guess, now you mention it it is a little like when I left the MAP feed pipe off the old ECU, but it didnt want to idle at all then!

ross009

you said you checked fuel filter what about injectors? if you did suck a lot of crap up may of slightly blocked them?

welshpug

maybe, but then the filter should have stopped that surely? and it does idle, one thing I shoudl have mentioned, if you rev it in neutral it takes a while to drop back, i.e it drops to 2k then slowly creeps back down to just under the 1k mark.

apologies about the double post! I got a blank screen!

smighall

The above will be the stepper motor (ICV) more than likely. I still reckon it's probably your MAP. I don't know if you can run with it disconnected and just use the TPS though.

welshpug
The above will be the stepper motor (ICV) more than likely. I still reckon it's probably your MAP. I don't know if you can run with it disconnected and just use the TPS though.

I'll unplug it and see what happens :rolleyes: Battery is off for now, I'll reconnect after work tommorow.

Sign in to follow this