• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

Fan And Vent Controls

flipperthebushkangaroo

hi, i have a couple of heating issues i could do with sorting before winter really sets in and any help would be appriciated, they are:

1. fan will only run on full speed if it is held fully clockwise if released it seems to spring back and only gives about half speed, how do i fix this?

2. vent control knob rotates but is not changing the vent position, but at least it is stuck on windscreen!!! so i can live with it if its a hard job, again any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Roddie

chrisj21

Hi,Im not a hundred percent sure but i would think it may be a problem with the cables behind the controls if one is springing back and possibly the same for the other.its a pain to get to them without removing the centre dash panels and other parts though.

id check directly behind the controls make sure everything is free and unrestricted,with the vent control one possibly the cable has come out altogehter or snapped.

hope this is some help

fencer

Regarding problem no1 you probably have the same problem I had, see this post, if you need additional info just drop me a pm

flipperthebushkangaroo

Thanks both, will try and have a look at the weekend hopefully it will be a quick fix (i wish!! :unsure: ) will post when i get to the bottom of the problem

Thanks again

Sign in to follow this