• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveW

Can You Use Filler On Alloy Wheel?

DaveW

I got some cyclones but they have quite bad curbing on parts like on the spokes, so is it possiable to use something like P40 to fill the deep scores in?

Hilgie

Yes that's no problem if you have them sprayed...however if they are going to be powdercoaten filler is not an option.

Paintguy

We've lost yesterdays reply which mentioned that it's not really P40 that you want, as it's a fibreglass reinforced bridging filler, but something like P38 instead :)

Small amounts of filler will be fine, but don't go mad.

steve@cornwall
We've lost yesterdays reply which mentioned that it's not really P40 that you want, as it's a fibreglass reinforced bridging filler, but something like P38 instead :)

Small amounts of filler will be fine, but don't go mad.

Isn't it recommended to use chemical metal on alloys?

DaveW

Yeah im spraying them, ah P38 see 205's never use the stuff! well not ones ive had anyway, yeah only a light skim just to bring the level up so it will look better rather than sanding all the way down.

Pob
Yeah im spraying them, ah P38 see 205's never use the stuff! well not ones ive had anyway, yeah only a light skim just to bring the level up so it will look better rather than sanding all the way down.

From what I've read in the past, Chemical metal should be used... This is what I used and it worked fine.

Dan

Sign in to follow this