• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

New Seats And Harnesses

swordfish210

Well after just over a year with my bucket seats i decided to splash out on some new seats and harnesses. I liked my old Sparco Sprints so i decided to go for the new ones (after trial sitting all of the seats available in Merlins when i was supposed to be stock checking them :D) I went for the new Sparco Sprint V and i got some Luke 5-point harnesses which are 3 inch straps so it's all FIA approved now on the seating and strapping front :D Also the new seats are side mounted but i have to make and weld in some new seat mounting rails because the mounts on the existing rails are too high so the seat is right up in the air (no where near as bad a James's were in the 205 :lol: ) so anyway here's some pics

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

this does bring me on to another point though, have any of you guys welded new seat rails in and have you got any pics?

Guest jonathanes

They look very good mate - do you have any more pics of mounting points for the straps (all five per seat) please?

Also, any chance you can pm me the cost of the pair of seats, the pair of harnesses and any additional costs you incurred e.g. mounting brackets, additional bolts, etc

Building a shopping list so info will help me budget :angry:

Cheers :)

swordfish210

no probs mate, i'll send PM tomorrow evening/night

Sign in to follow this