• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Clarre

Dimma Front Wing

Clarre

Hi! I have a 205 with a dimma kit on. Now I also have a cracked front wing. I have the possibility to borrow a front wing from a friend. The question is? What I can see the mold must have to be in 2 pieces I can't see anotherway to release it otherway. Anyone with experience of this thing? i can't see any problem doing the mold in 2 pieces but it's much easier to do it in one.

Edited by Clarre

pugman211

why dont you just repair the one thats on the car now???? i thought dimma's came as 1 whole front wing, but 2 rear wings, could be wrong though. can you supply with a pic?

Clarre

The front wing I have now is in so bad condition so it's impossible to repair. And I know the front wings come in 1 piece. But for to release them from the mold It must be splitted in 2. if not the mold is splitted in 2 half. I don't think a photo can view the problem. It's wider at the bottom in the back end of the wings. Therefor they cant release from the mold. And when I now has the possibility to borrow a wing from a friend. I think I take it. I have to do the mold in 2 pieces that's it.

Gavin Waddell

a pic of the wing would help as then we could see the problem, but if you rekon you have to mold it in 2 parts then i would do it because if it gets mechanicaly locked in the mold then you will damage it when you try and release it. ive had to cut a bumper once that had got stuck so now i always make molds in as many parts as needed.

Leet205

was it an original dimma or one someones duplicated? i recentlybought a copy of a dimma kit and the front wing is actually moulded into the sill aswell. ill post a pic tomorrow if thats any help.

Sign in to follow this