• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Interior Blower

fencer

I noticed that my blower is only blowing out cool air, no matter if I change the knob to heat. When switching from cold to hot(warm) there seems to be some clicking noise (seems like some flap is being opened) the interior heater matrix is fine as I took it to be checked.

any ideas what i should check?

pugman211

it could possibly be the flap not actually working, but just sounding like it is, you will need to strip the interior down a bit, and then shine a torch in to see what is happening.

bobbbette

last time i couldn't get hot air was because the water pump was dead and i think i may have been driving waterless yet again. engine still didn't die.

Edp

Normally a sign the heater matrix is dead. Different car I know but my brothers V dub Golf heater stopped working and it was his matrix.

It might also be the controls, on my old 1.6 the heater decided to stop working and it was the wires not pulling properly and switching on the heater. As said you will have to take the plastic fascia above the stereo off and carefully prise the controls out. I repaired mint with zip ties so yours could be a similar fix.

Its a bit of f***ing about and you will have to remove about 25 screws but its worth it in the end.

fencer

When I striped out the car less than a year ago I had the matrix checked so I'm assuming the matrix is fine.

I checked if actually there is water running in the matrix and there was, I dont know how much water is supposed to pass trough the hose but i believe there was enough.

The question now is, does it make a difference if I connect the hose with the bleeding hose on top or on the bottom?

Guest silver 1600

Check the coolant level is not low :blush:

I know it sounds silly but if the coolant level is low the heater matrix wont get very hot at all :wacko:

toddydal

the heater matrix sometimes gets blocked up.open bonnet and ull see 2 rubber hose,s going into the bulk head,take both pipes off,and ull be left with 2 holes wer the pipes wer attached, get a hose pipe and put the hose pipe in 1 of the holes of the heater matrix and flush it out until clean water comes out of the other hole and itl work and ull have lovly hot air in the car,

Sign in to follow this