• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
robbiecfc

Interior Fan / Blower

robbiecfc

Hi All,

I have to replace the fan / blower unit in my 1.6. As I come from an IT background with a strong belief in overclocking :lol: , are they any better units out there that would fit in the same enclosure or has anybody upgraded the fan or motors with success.

Cheers,

Robbie

engine killer
Hi All,

I have to replace the fan / blower unit in my 1.6. As I come from an IT background with a strong belief in overclocking :) , are they any better units out there that would fit in the same enclosure or has anybody upgraded the fan or motors with success.

Cheers,

Robbie

I did (my mechanic did) it succesfully with a modified fan from a 206S16. The fan now blows stronger than before. I haven't got any pict of it sorry, but it was only a small modification on the fan casing.

Super Josh

Can you give us some more details? I am interested in doing this too. What is a 206 S16? We don't have that model over in the UK. Did you use a second hand fan, or buy it brand new?

Josh

engine killer
Can you give us some more details? I am interested in doing this too. What is a 206 S16? We don't have that model over in the UK. Did you use a second hand fan, or buy it brand new?

Josh

It was from a 206GTi/206S16 (the 138bhp model, not the latest 180bhp model). Bought it from a scrapyard which was about GBP20. Regarding to the detail of modifying the fan housing/casing, let me talk to the mechanic tonight and see what I can show to you.

By the way, if you can wait, I have a spare 206 blower (hasn't been modified yet) at home and will try to get it done this weekend and take some pictures (before and after) so that you will have a much clear picture of what we have done.

Super Josh
By the way, if you can wait, I have a spare 206 blower (hasn't been modified yet) at home and will try to get it done this weekend and take some pictures (before and after) so that you will have a much clear picture of what we have done.

That sounds good :D Even just a before picture would be useful, so that we can visualise what needs to be done. Did you have to change the connector on the wiring loom? I take it the fan doesn't have the speed controller built into it, like the 405 one does.

Was the blower from an AC or Non-AC model?

Josh

Edited by Super Josh

engine killer

The blower is from a/c model. The mechanic told me the mounting is a bit different to the 205 unit also the socket. As he said, it was only a 15 minutes job if I have to do it myself. :) So, it should be simple enough for you guys.

Sign in to follow this