• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
drmo

205 1.6 With 1.3 Ax Sport Head

drmo

A few days back we went on a dyno to see how it would perform...It is a TU5 block from 306, ax 1.3 sport head with two twin weber 40 DCOE's. Here are the results:

http://shrani.si/f/47/5s/om7x1uy/jeakadynotest.jpg

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=80...35027&hl=en

Not much was done to the head, it was only choped a little. I would like u to comment on this, becouse I think it should have shown a little more power than it did. It sure is fast for a 100.6 hp, becouse a civic 5.gen vti can't get past me. :)

RossD

Nice. The AX sport uses the TU24 engine doesn't it? Whats the rest of the engine spec?

drmo
Nice. The AX sport uses the TU24 engine doesn't it? Whats the rest of the engine spec?
Yes, it is TU5JP block with TU24 head. The cam is also from TU24, jets, venturis etc are unchanged (I don't have the specifics here), gearbox is a combo of 1.4 XR gears and TU5JP differential (tooo long as u can see...194km/h at 7250rpm).

Everything is standard for now. Plans are: catcam, 1.1 diff (got 1.1 gb today), modified raceland manifold, maybe ITBs instead of webers.

A photo of my 106rallye and brothers 205

slika00214fo5.jpg

s6000984vzfc.jpg

Edited by drmo

DaveW

Is that at the wheels? 100hp?

drmo
Is that at the wheels? 100hp?
No...but I don't think that are the real figures, becouse 6850rpm is the rpm of a dyno, not the motor. It was reved to 7250rpm :)

In the end its just a figure, so when we will get new cam and exhaust manifold, we will go the rollers again and then we will see the difference :)

DaveW

A 4 branch will make loads of difference, it did on my crappy rallye engine when i had it, so it should go quite well on yours.

yeah figures are bull anyway :) if it goes quick and sees off more modern or quickers cars then who cares!

drmo
A 4 branch will make loads of difference, it did on my crappy rallye engine when i had it, so it should go quite well on yours.

yeah figures are bull anyway :) if it goes quick and sees off more modern or quickers cars then who cares!

exactly my point.

I was measuring the bearings for the cam and I think they are small bearing range (blacktop). Was thinking about 1133 profile (catcams), what do u think?

christopher

These figures do a seem a little low really considering your setup. I would expect a lot more..

1133 I would work fine I think. I wouldn't go any milder..

drmo
These figures do a seem a little low really considering your setup. I would expect a lot more..

1133 I would work fine I think. I wouldn't go any milder..

You said that to me some time ago...you are probably right, milder would not be an option, especially becouse you said that standard cam has 10.8 lift. I will probably buy this one for my 1.3 rallye too.

About that figures...I think that it wasn't measured the right way, becouse it really is quick for a 1.6l. Also it is interesting that on the same rollers a 1.3 106 Rallye made for Gr.N (with modified head, 280 degrees camshaft, full stainless steel exhaust,...) made only 96hp :) ...only around 75 on the wheels :lol: ...standard VW polo 1.4 16V 101hp made 117hp on that same dyno :) ...interesting...

Sign in to follow this