• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SAMSMITH

Best Suspension Set Up

SAMSMITH

when i get my 205 my first buy is going to be making it lower and handle better. as with all things there is stuff to avoid, i am just looking for as much info as possible on it before i jump in.

i was looking at gaz coilovers

taylorspug

Search is your friend, this has been covered millions of times. Search for Gaz, Bilstein, Eibach, Koni etc.

Batfink

but as the search does not work then just buy some decent Bilsteins as coilovers are a waste of time on a road car

Sandy

Coilovers are fun for a bit, but the several sets I've tried (AVO, Peugeot Sport, H&R, Leda, Gaz) I've always come back to regular "Challenge" or Sport Bilsteins with good regular fixed seat springs.

Jrod

I have sold my billie coilovers and am now running Challenge spec with 165lb lb springs, this is on a 1400 and I thionk the GTI's use 180lb springs.

Perfect for road (and gravel) use imo. :unsure:

Edited by Jrod

sussex_gti

I use gaz coilovers. My springs are too hard at the moment, so a bit harsh for road use. But really does handle well. Think its all down to what your specific needs are.

Sign in to follow this