• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Whats The Pipe Thing Mounted To The Drivers Side Wheel Arch Called?

MikeHunt79

I hope you guys know what I'm on about.... it's this pipe thing with a bracket on, which bolts to the drivers wheel arch. Big hoses (from the radiator) connect onto it, and water flows thru. ;)

I need another one, as mine looks like it belongs in a museum it's so corroded!

I went to GSF, described it as best I could, and they said they "don't sell that sort of thing"... so it might have to be a visit to a Pug dealer unless anyone know another place (ECP?) that sells these pipe things.

Also, does anyone know the name of this pipe thing so I can ask for it on the phone at least? B)

jackherer

They're cheap and often in stock at Peugeot dealers.

Peetypug

they sell for 20 quid on fleabay....

i got mine from auto5 for 15 B)

jackherer

I'm sure they're £12 or less from the dealers...

Alastairh
I'm sure they're £12 or less from the dealers...

Yeah they are, mine keeps them in stock B)

Anthony

And I'm sure that GSF do sell them as well, but I've always bought them from the local Peugeot dealer (who keep them in stock)

miamistu

Yeah, just go to the dealers - part no 130778 B)

Baz

£10.65+Vat or something like that from dealer.

MikeHunt79
Yeah, just go to the dealers - part no 130778 ;)

Nice one, I'll pick one up over the weekend. Kinda nice to see reasonable prices from pug for a change. B)

Edited by MikeHunt79

eob

Buying parts? You girls! It's a piece of tube! :)

What I did with mine (because I'm so much cooler than you lot, and also, cheap) was I hacked an identical pipe made from aluminium out of a Panorama Elite III which is a bus from the 70's. It doesn't rust and it's free. But, I still wasn't happy, so when I was walking around some backroads with my now (very ex) girlfriend I found an old hoover turfed in a ditch with, you guessed it, stainless steel hoover piping which is EXACTLY the right dimension and it's STAINLESS which means it's all anti-corrosive and bling-bling in my engine bay.

Pay for parts, bah, don't be stupid :)

Yours Sincerely,

McGyver in his 205 GTi.

PS. I should also point out that my speakers are sealed using an old fishing bouy I found washed up on the beach, the silicon skin sliced up to seal the speakers. Improved the sound quality x10. Also, ahem... OK I'll stop there, my 205 is held together with stuff I found basically everywhere and it's still better built than it was when it left the factory :'D

Sign in to follow this