• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Xs Carb Rebuild

djinuk

Ok , i have tried to clean my carb jets out but the problems soon come back (10 mins of driving) so im looking into gettin my carb rebuilt..

where should i go, and how much should i be looking to pay.

advice people.

or if anybody has a known perfect carb how much are you looking for

RossD

What were the symptoms again? This could be an ignition amplifier problem, they sometimes fail after a few minutes of driving.

Edit: Ok I read the previous post... I still think its worth having a proper look at the igntion side of things. An ignition problem can disguise itself pretty well as a carb problem sometimes.

(I had water in the distributor cap once which caused these exact symptoms if not worse...)

Edited by RossD

djinuk

hmm maybe i guess.. only thing is it always seems to sort the problem after i clean the carb out ?

macaroni

Any decent garage should be able to rebuild the carb for you, but you could give it a go yourself.

Work methodically and clean everything gently in some clean petrol or carb cleaner. Buy a repair kit (try http://fpuk.co.uk/main/index.asp ) and use as much of it as you can.

Pay particular attention to the wire gauze filter set into the inlet pipe and the dangly white plastic filter that dips into the fuel bowl. I thought this was a solid piece of pipe until I cleaned mine and discovered it was actually as mesh filter!

djinuk

write going to purchase another carb when i get chance n rebuild it all.. get it all sorted and put it back on and setup.. does anybody know where i could get a diagram of the carb

Sign in to follow this