• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest sleep envy

Feeling Better?

Guest sleep envy

the bite on my middle pedal is about half way down the travel which is a bit too much for me as it doesn't allow me enough scope for modulating when pressing on

I'm going to flush the system as I suspect the brake fluid is past its best but is there any way of adjusting the feel without replacing components?

V8Pete

Disc or drum rear?

Rippthrough

Check the master cylinder to pedal linkage clearance is right too.

Guest sleep envy
Disc or drum rear?

1.9 so disks on the back

Guest sleep envy
Check the master cylinder to pedal linkage clearance is right too.

is the clearance identified in Haynes?

alexmi16

a break fluid flush and change is always wise. its amazing when you compare the colour of the new fluid and can see the rubbish that has been floating around in your hydraulic system. Good luck

Rippthrough
is the clearance identified in Haynes?

I can't remember - it is in my 306 one IIRC.

Guest wingnut

Without the engine on (althugh with the servo running, it should accentuate the feeling) if a couple of pumps of the pedal improves it, but then keeping your foor on it you can feel the pedal fade...you've got a cack load of air in the system and a whacking good bleed is no bad thing.

Not sure how prone to gradual failures Pug servos are, I think they're a bit of a binary component...they either work or they don't...so you can count the most expensive part out of the equation except perhaps for slack in the mechanical components as mentioned above.

If there is any extra fade or general sloppiness in the brakes, check the piston seals in the callipers and flexi-hoses for any signs of wear (i.e. weeping) too. Mind out bleeding the fecker...if the bleed valves have rusted in the callipers they're too easy to shear off! :)

Sign in to follow this