• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Front Arb

swordfish210

Is it possible to get a thicker FRONT ARB for the 1.9 suspension. I was thinking after my last trackday at Combe that if my car had a thicker front ARB, was slightly lower at the back and had some better brakes then i could probably take the Rise at Combe flat out. Thanks

BackStreetRacecars

The front arb from the 309 gti's and the 309 turbo diesels are quite a bit thicker are they not??

j_turnell

You can fit a 309 front arb but it will understeer unless you uprate the back aswell.

swordfish210

would a 23mm arb on the back help compensate for the thicker front?

M_R_205

im also prety interested in this as the gaz shocks on mine are way to stiff!! especilay under harsh steering and hitting even a small bump!!!, so i was going to softern the springs slightly and fit bigger arb`s front and rear so i get a bit more comfort but also keep the body roll to a minimum do you think this will work, and will the front and rear ARB`b off the 309 fit a standard 1.9 setup??? if you do fit the 309 arb`s let me know how it goes please :)

Edited by M_R_205

pug_ham
i was going to softern the springs slightly and fit bigger arb`s front and rear so i get a bit more comfort but also keep the body roll to a minimum do you think this will work, and will the front and rear ARB`b off the 309 fit a standard 1.9 setup??? if you do fit the 309 arb`s let me know how it goes please :)

Thicker front & rear arb's will make the ride worse possibly even with the softer springs.

As its been said many times before, the standard TB's & ARB from a 306 will not fit the standard 205 GTi beam.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this