• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BackStreetRacecars

Bloody Oil Surges

BackStreetRacecars

On heavy cornering my oil light has a habit of coming on.. have had to stop driving the car hard because of it and its really getting to me... who makes a good baffled sump kit? is it worth getting the peugeot sport spring for the oil pump too??

Alastairh

What engine is in it?

BackStreetRacecars

its an xu10 from a 405x4. But it has been toyed with.

Edited by BackStreetRacecars

BackStreetRacecars

Right determined that it cant be an oil surge as it happens at other times too... also the stop light and the coolant overheating type light comes on too... i cant find any shorts or broken wires shorting back to earth when cornering... anyone had any of this before?? its driving me daft!!!

jerseypug
Right determined that it cant be an oil surge as it happens at other times too... also the stop light and the coolant overheating type light comes on too... i cant find any shorts or broken wires shorting back to earth when cornering... anyone had any of this before?? its driving me daft!!!

mine did the same when the oil pressure switch broke and put the oil, water and brake light on when the oil pressure went below 40 psi instead of 12 psi i think it should be, so the light would come on whenever the oil was warm and it was not being reved i bought a digital pressure gauge in the end so i could keep an eye on it and replaced the pressure sender.

BackStreetRacecars

Thats it!! got it on the head.....the oil pressure switch is broken.. now i need to get one and fix the broken wires at the dreaded brown plug!!

Sign in to follow this