• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Broken Cambelt Cover!

MikeHunt79

After stupidly fitting the wrong alternator belt to my 205 (too wide), the belt then cut a hole in the side of the cambelt cover. :lol:

I guess I can run my car ok for now with a less than perfect cambelt cover, but I'd like the get another cambelt cover if possible.

Now, I guess the best place to get one is from a scrappy as I haven't seen them at GSF?

I was wondering if each model of 205 uses a different cambelt cover, or would a non-turbo diesel cambelt cover fit my turbo diesel, for example?

pug_ham

The belt shouldn't catch the cambelt cover unless things are slightly out of line afaik.

I've seen it before on an Mi running an 8v alternator but that belt was fitted by a garage without the know-ho of engine swaps & easily fixed.

AFAIK the XUD timing belt covers are the same, TD or n/a.

Graham.

MikeHunt79

Yep, things were pretty out of line as the alternator belt was hanging off the side - doh!

managed to pick up another cover (form a non-turbo) for a fiver from a breakers, job done! B)

jim21070

Cambelt covers are dirt cheap from Pug B) A set of XUD ones cost £30 roughly last time I got some. A small prioce to pay.

You should NEVER run without one. The risk of damage from a stone or other foreign object getting caught in the cambelt is not to be dismissed lightly.

At the very least it'll cause the belt to jump a tooth or two and ant worst, wrecked engine.

Sign in to follow this