• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S33GAV

Drivers Window Not Working Properly

S33GAV

Hi

My drivers side window has come off it's sliders again. I fixed it last time by getting it back on the sliders, but also had to get it back in the left hand side rail. However it's come off this left hand rail again, but still on it's sliders.

Is there anything I need to specifically do to get it back on the left hand rail and STAY on the left hand rail?

Cheers

Gav

S33GAV

c'mon you knowledgeable people :ph34r:

GLPoomobile
c'mon you knowledgeable people :lol:

Sorry, this isn't going to be an incredibly helpful reply as I can't picture in my head how it goes together (only had a window out a few times see). All I can advise is to take the whole lot out and check for any damage or wear and tear that may be causing it to come off the sliders, and then when you put everything back be extra careful to make sure everything is lined up and in place, and bolted down fully. It is a bit of a bum ache of a job, but not really difficult, just fiddly.

If I can do it anyone can :ph34r:

S33GAV

cheers for reply. I really dont want to take the whole thing out if I can help it, although if that's whats required...

when you put it on the sliders and put it in the left and right rails (inside the rubbers) is there anything else todo? Do you use any kind of sealant or similar? (I guess not as it's a moveable part, but just checking what people do here)

Cheers :lol:

danpug

If the window is in both the sliders properly and pushed into the rail near the speaker hole then it shouldn't move about. Last time did you definitely put the screw back into the rail? This holds it in place. You shouldnt have to remove the window again, it should just push into the rail. Hope i've understood what you are asking correctly!

S33GAV
If the window is in both the sliders properly and pushed into the rail near the speaker hole then it shouldn't move about. Last time did you definitely put the screw back into the rail? This holds it in place. You shouldnt have to remove the window again, it should just push into the rail. Hope i've understood what you are asking correctly!

Ah ha, here lies the problem - I didn't see any screw?!?! :lol:

Where does the screw go then? Is this into the rail on the left by the speaker? There's a rail with rubber on it, and the window is supposed to go inside the rubber, on the rail - it's popped out of mine. Last time I popped it back into the rubber (quite tricky) but didn't realise there was anything holding it in place?

I was just about to put some grease on the rubber in case the window wasn't sliding down properly and this was causing it to pop out - but tell me about this screw please - cheers :P

S33GAV

Ah, I assume you mean the screw that holds that left rail to the door frame? I just found that - and it was slightly loose, but surely this wasn;t enough to make the window come out?

Just thinking, what a dummy, last time I tried getting it back in the rail I had real problems - but undoing this screw will make it much bloody easier, what an idiot!!

S33GAV

Right, think it's sorted now. Now I know about this screw, I undid it slightly, slid the window back in then put some grease on the rubber to make sure it slides up and down ok. Tightened the screw up and thats it - 2 second job, thanks Dan very helpful mate!!

lets see if it stays on this time

Cheers

Gav

danpug

I've done window swaps too many times now! Hope that works for you.

Sign in to follow this