• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Peetypug

Kent Cams Pully

Peetypug

i,ve just bought a 2nd hand but unused pully off fleabay

this is it

i know there's an allen key and timing disc needed

but what stops the puly from spinning on the end of the cam?

what else is missing?

Edited by sorrentopete

welshpug

There should be a slot in the hole where it fits onto the camshaft, where a keyway on the cam has a woodruff key fitted.

pug_ham

That looks fine & complete imo.

There should be a slot in the hole where it fits onto the camshaft, where a keyway on the cam has a woodruff key fitted.

You can see the pin that is pressed into the centre that does the same job on vernier pulleys, just inside the allen bolt at 2 o'clockish.

Use the original cam pulley bolt & washer & it'll won't go anywhere.

Graham.

Peetypug

there's no pin in it!

is it fooked?

or can i get a replacement?

Blish10

I recently got a CatCams one and it just had a hole with a split pin hammered through

Seems ok so far :lol:

Stu

As above, id say once theres a split pin in that and its bolted up it wont go anywhere!

Peetypug

i had another look today and offered it up to the cam, the hole lines up with one in the end of the cam that i didnt notice before.

i've emailed kent cams to see if they can get me one, if they cant i will go and see the father inlaw.

he's a retired engineer/mechanic/full of little ideas that my stupid brain cant think of :lol:

thanks

stu da rude, Blish10, pugtorque & welshpug, i was expecting it to be some major problem and it should have been made of titainium or some other random metal

welshpug

just a roll pin should do the trick :lol: ask the father in law if he has any old bits in the shed? i've got loads on the shelf in work!

pug_ham

Its mean't to be a roll pin, not a split pin, any engineering place should be able to sort you one out, kent will probably charge the earth & say its not possible to fit a new one. All for the sake of a 20p roll pin or something.

I might be able to get one from work, let me know the hole size (nearest drill size) & I'll have a look asap.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this