• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kevp's 205gti

Gti-6 Alternator Belts Question/

kevp's 205gti

hi guys got a gti-6 lump for my 205 gti, with no PAS.

the engine for the conversion comes with the A/C pump and PAS pumps now as im going to remove them is there another engine in which the belt will fit the gti-6 with out these two pumps?

whizzer71
hi guys got a gti-6 lump for my 205 gti, with no PAS.

the engine for the conversion comes with the A/C pump and PAS pumps now as im going to remove them is there another engine in which the belt will fit the gti-6 with out these two pumps?

I used brackets from a citroen ZX and then got a 6PK720 belt from my local motor factor,I have pics if you need them,Pm me your email and Ill send them to you.

Good luck

Tris

kevp's 205gti

seems i need a kit i may have one from a member but not sure yet. can you not just buy a shorter belt neil @ des developments said you can use a shorter belt and modify the tensioner.

any help regarding this ?

t16ryan

Yes mate you can do what i have done and ground the powersteering pump bracket down and fit a 708 5 rib belt and use original gti6 alternator and use a 8v adjuster at the bottom but with the belt and a 12mm spacer there wasnt any need to fit the adjuster at the bottom of mine

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=79090

kevp's 205gti
Yes mate you can do what i have done and ground the powersteering pump bracket down and fit a 708 5 rib belt and use original gti6 alternator and use a 8v adjuster at the bottom but with the belt and a 12mm spacer there wasnt any need to fit the adjuster at the bottom of mine

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=79090

ok right that picture shows me more than i new but surely the belts either loose or a pain to get over the pullys as its so tight?

t16ryan

I fitted it over the pulleys then with the 12mm spacer was the perfect adjustment, you can modify a 8v tensioner to go where the bottom bolt would go, jusy bore it out to 10mm and make the gap slightly bigger and will be fine :lol: can send more pics if needeD?

kevp's 205gti
I fitted it over the pulleys then with the 12mm spacer was the perfect adjustment, you can modify a 8v tensioner to go where the bottom bolt would go, jusy bore it out to 10mm and make the gap slightly bigger and will be fine :lol: can send more pics if needeD?

yeah if you could including the 12mm spacer please

dean

just use a hb700e belt from halforld and a 1.4 106 cambelt tensior

danpug

Is that all you needed to do dean?

dean

yer there is a 13mm hole on your engine brackt so just get a tensior like i said and bolt it straight on and it works great

danpug

I'll pop down the scrappy and see whats about. B)

dean

there only about £20 from gsf not to expensive

Sign in to follow this