• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mos

Quaife Atb Diff And Fuel Economy

mos

Hi

might be a silly question but i will ask it anyway ^_^

would using a quaife atb diff have a detrimental effect on fuel economy over using a standard diff?

i would a thought it would not make any difference but i'm none too sure

thanks

mark

engine killer
Hi

might be a silly question but i will ask it anyway B)

would using a quaife atb diff have a detrimental effect on fuel economy over using a standard diff?

i would a thought it would not make any difference but i'm none too sure

thanks

mark

it is only a differential, it will NOT change any gear or final drive ratio at all. it will require the same rev to do the same speed as before, so should have no fuel consumption issue. ^_^

mos
it is only a differential, it will NOT change any gear or final drive ratio at all. it will require the same rev to do the same speed as before, so should have no fuel consumption issue. ^_^

thanks

i was more thinking from a drag on the trasmission caused by the quaife's more complex workings than it actually changing the gearing etc..

jackherer

You might end up flooring it more round bends which will use more fuel for sure ^_^

Hilgie

those complex internals only work when cornering or one wheel loses grip...when on the straights the diffs internals don't move at all.

Anthony
i was more thinking from a drag on the trasmission caused by the quaife's more complex workings than it actually changing the gearing etc..

Any additional losses from the Quaife internals would be tiny in comparison with the frictional losses from the tires I would imagine

Sign in to follow this