• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
e30m3

Omp Brakes

e30m3

Has anyone used eithe omp grp N discs or pads?

and were they any good?, seam quite cheap on ebay.

pug_ham

I've not used them but I haven't heard any good things about them.

I use ATE discs & Pagid black (fast road) pads on mine & they are great (also cheaper than the OMP stuff).

Graham.

kenp

We've used the OMP pads (cheap off ebay too) and have no problems at all. Work fine.

Don't know about the disks though.

TbirdX

I have OMP pads with drilled and grooved discs on my Fiat. They're lethal from cold, no bite at all but as soon as you get some heat in them they're fine.

pdd144c

I wouldn't recommend them. Mintex are by far the best in my opinion.

VisaGTi16v

I would 2nd that and not just because I bought them from Xsport heh. I have put in a set of Mintex 1155 to replace my old Pagid fast road pads and these give a much firmer pedal, almost full bite from cold unlike the Pagids and I am happy.

e30m3

I was looking for the pad for my M3, although i've found out that i can get orignal ones for similar money so will go for those.

Also was thinking about the discs for the pug, I've got a set of new Pagid fast road pads i bought off demon tweaks when they had a clearance sale. Does anyone now where i could get mintex discs from? my local motorfactors only seam to sell no name stuff which prob isn't ideal condiering i race the pug.

pug_ham

Get some ATE Powerdisc's from Euro Car Parts, only a £ or 2 more than oe discs but far superior imo.

Graham.

e30m3
Get some ATE Powerdisc's from Euro Car Parts, only a £ or 2 more than oe discs but far superior imo.

Graham.

Cheers, I'll give them a go

PS thanks for the PM regarding the pads, might buy a spare set at that price.

Longfield

If it helps... before i took my car off the road I used 3G brake discs and thought them to be excellent. I now use Alcon discs as i've turned my car into a track only car. For track work I use Mintex F4R pads and for road [when my car was on the road] I used Mintex 1155's pads and again couldn't fault them. Pagid Blue's are also good for circuit only work for the light 205, but i prefer the mintex.

Edited by Longfield

kenp

How bizarre - had no problems at all with OMP pads. Good performance from cold. Ran the Pug as course opener on one of our 12-cars a few months back and again no problems.

Use Mintex or EBC Green Stuff on the rally car normally. Would use the OMPs on the road cars again without question though.

Edited by kenp

sussex_gti

I had omp discs and pads on my Tipo sedicivalvole, was a great set-up.

Sign in to follow this