• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Ok Here We Go

wardy18
Better off buying some of the softest avon slicks than spending a grand to get another 20bhp

im think im gonna go for the Toyo Proxes R888 SG, apparently these work just as well if not better than the Full Slick AVON's on a 205 according to Gary from Puma Racing and plus they are £100 cheaper per corner

Does anyone have a web address for Longmans, just wanna look at choices and prices?!

cheers guys

VisaGTi16v

I meant for the year after if you were thinking of spending mad money on pistons. I agree they are your best choice for now. They are good tyres but all the mental south west cars and the top ones round here use avon slicks

VisaGTi16v

I dont think they have a website. I recall once seeing a scanned in price catalogue but that was it. Try and find their number and ring up to get sent one is probably your best bet

Miles

Longman Richard & Co Ltd

5 Airfield Rd, Christchurch, BH23 3TG

Tel: 01202 486569

The only real UK tuner with result's to back them up,

But as said you could have 500bhp and get no where, A good basic set up is what you need. I don;t think you said what Dampers you had on the front?

wardy18
Longman Richard & Co Ltd

5 Airfield Rd, Christchurch, BH23 3TG

Tel: 01202 486569

The only real UK tuner with result's to back them up,

But as said you could have 500bhp and get no where, A good basic set up is what you need. I don;t think you said what Dampers you had on the front?

My set up will be as follows:

Front Dampers - Spax (not sure what kit they are but ive run them on acouple of hills and they work really well as they are quite stiff and do not allow too much roll

Rear Dampers - Going to invest in some AVO Double Adjustable

Convert Rear Beam to Solid Bushes etc

Poweflex bushes for front wishbones and anti roll bar

Group N Top Suspension Bush

Tyres - Toyo proxes R888 SG on a set of ultra light OZ Alloys

Raised the rear of the car via the torsion bar 15-25mm higher than the front as advised by Puma Racing

Strut Brace

Think that should do for the first year considering my budget?!!?

Thanx for the contact details by the way,ill give them a shout and let you know the outcomes

Sign in to follow this