• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

How Much Paint.....

skinner2k3

How much primer and paint would I need to do 1 x 205 front wing from brand new I presume bare metal?

Is there any way round the problem of fresh black paint not matching 19 year old faded paint which doesnt cost the earth?

Last one....do I need laquer?

Its for my track car and that isnt exactly pretty so I am not looking for a show room finish.

cheers

Ben

swordfish210

new wings dont come as bare metal, they're covered in this black coating (someting to do with electrolyte :unsure: i think) 1 can of primer and 2 cans of paint should do it and yes you will need a laquer

skinner2k3

Do you know if the black has to be rubbed down/off?

1 primer, 2 paint and 1 laquer. Sorted!

Cheers

djinuk

buy a set of wet n dry (from halfords) make sure you rub the black down with it to give the paint a key to stick to mate

ross009

where can you buy new wings from do the have indicator holes already cut in?

swordfish210

Auto Panels Westers is where i got my new wing from, it had the hole cut in it for the indicator

pugman211

dont wet dry it. if ur gonna do it like that do this:

1 x red scotch pad, rub the whole panel so its full of small scratches.

1 x can of primer. 2 even medium coats making sure the 2nd coat covers everything. let that dry and rub it down again.

clean the panel to prevent as much dirt as u can

1 x can of colour for black, (will cover really well). same thing as primer, 2 nice even coats. let them dry in between coats.

should get away with 1 can of lacquer (clear) same thing as colour, 2 nice even coats should do it. only way around the colour difference is to polish the next panel so it looks a bit shinyier. If all else fails get a GB sticker! lol :unsure:

Will probably look really dull, but if u leave it till next day, and machine polish it will get a bit shinyier

Sign in to follow this