• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mos

Xu10 Which Pressure Cap

mos

hi,

i need to replace the coolant system pressure cap on one of my 205s

the car is running a modified 2.0ltr mi16 on bodies.

this engine in a 405 uses a 1.4 bar cap according to the haynes manual and the peugeot parts cd

the 205 gti only uses a 1 bar cap, but the TD 205s used a 1.4 bar cap in exactly the same expension tank as the gti uses so should be a straight swap.

my question is should i just get a 1 bar 205 gti pressure cap? or should i use a 205 TD 1.4 bar version to match the engine to the pressure cap used when the motor was in a 405?

to be honest i am not really sure why the 405 2.0ltr mi16 used a 1.4 bar cap as the earlier 1.9mi16 engines used a 1 bar cap and i can only speculate its got something to do with the later engines running hotter so the system needs to withstand greater pressures without releasing this extra pressure.

can anyone confirm this nad which cap i should be using or does not make a great deal of difference?

thanks

mark

taylorspug

Doesnt make too much of a difference id say, im running a 1.4 bar cap on my MI, and I think Maxi has the same on his GTI-6, no real problems with either car to report (although ive not had mine on long).

Sign in to follow this