• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kevp's 205gti

Help

kevp's 205gti

When i joined her i had aims for a mi-16 conversion to my 1900 205 gti.

Why? Simply because it seemed the easiest and best power gain conversion available.

Now it seems the mi-16 may as well be made from butter (no affence), there is the issues with the bottom ends (both the 1.9 & 2.0 i think?)Then the 1.9 is prone to going pours due to the alloy its made from.

so every one is saying go for the gti-6 lump its more reliable, but how easy is it to fit and does it use the same mounting points?

a down side of the gti-6 was that its heavier .so is it not better to use the 2.0 iron mi-16 lump?

What sort of weight differences are we talking here?

Surely a gti-6 donor would suite me as its got the engine and the ancillaries and the brakes etc

Cheers guys

jackherer

Are you going to be using it on road or track?

kevp's 205gti
Are you going to be using it on road or track?

road as a 2nd car and the odd track i suppose

engine killer

i have been using the alloy Mi16 (1.9) over bored to 2.0 for some years already. for daily fast road it is a very reliable engine but for track, i experienced oil surge and blown engine. as mentioned before in here, it is the problem of the design of the head and a modified sump (baffled, trapped door and extended oil pump suction) will cure most problems.

the 306 engines (S16 and GTi6) are much heavier than the XU9J4. if you are after high potential for power and light in weight, EW10 (2.0 liter from 206) or EW12 (2.2 liter) is your choice. the crankshaft from EW10 is much much lighter than the one from XU, even conrods are lighter too.

Sign in to follow this